Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy International Tatting Day!

To all my tatting friends:
Happy International Tatting Day!

Take some time and share your tatting knowledge with someone. 

I went to the Atelier website and decided to share a pattern I've used for years to introduce folks to interlocking chain rings:

Interlocking Chain Ring Celtic Butterfly~  Thread needle and begin, working off the ball. R9 then do 7 graduated picots, 9 cl.  Place the needle through the R you just made and ChR7 then do 5 graduated picots, 7 cl. Repeat the ChR you just did, placing the needle through the ChR. Then ChR 9, do 7 graduated picots 9, cl. Tie thread ends together and cut. Leave about an inch or so to pull through the picots of the first & last ChR to form the antennae if you wish.










For more detail on how to do Interlocking Chain Rings, please refer to the image tutorial I put up on the blog.

Enjoy your day!
Happy Tatting!


5 comments:

  1. Happy day to you too!

    That is a cute little butterfly! I shuttle tatt, but I think with the thin wire shuttle my brother made I could try your great interlocking rings designs... Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy tat day to you,

    The sun is shining here although its not as warm as it has been, I love your butterfly, I will try and work it out with the shuttle.

    I hope you have a lovely day
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ITD!
    Cute little butterfly. I just tatted a blingy one for a little girl. Happy tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute butterfly and I love the color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy International Tatting Day!! The butterfly is cute!! Hope you have enjoyed your day!
    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete